Friday, July 17, 2009

President Barack Obama addresses the 2009 NAACP Convention!

Just in case you missed it -



Whenever I see this man speak, it brings me so much joy. Man, I'm happy to be alive today witnessing such extraordinary history. To think 100 years ago, we were slaves in this country with no civil rights. We've come so far... I feel that I can never thank all those who fought and died for my freedom today enough...

Forever grateful.

One of my favorite parts from his speech:

“They might think they’ve got a pretty jump shot or a pretty good flow,” Mr. Obama said, “but our kids can’t all aspire to be LeBron or Lil Wayne. I want them aspiring to be scientists and engineers, doctors and teachers, not just ballers and rappers. I want them aspiring to be a Supreme Court justice. I want them aspiring to be president of the United States of America.”

Thank you for that! Our young children and parents need to hear it.

God Bless America and The Obamas!

No comments: