Friday, February 26, 2010

Honorable Mention in "Artists Wanted" Contest!

honorablemention

When I entered this international self portraiture contest, I did not know what to expect. New to photo competitions, it was actually a lot of fun to apply and openly show support to all my talented flickr girls who also entered. To be honest, winning the grand prize was not that important to me. I mean, don't get me wrong, I definitely wouldn't be mad if I won 7K! However, I wanted to venture into something different to see what would happen. To this moment, seeing my name (or rather "alter ego" Ms. Aarika) listed as an "Honorable Mention" among other respected professional photographers in a international photo competition, blows me away! I can't help but to reflect on this time last year as I was preparing for my first full art show in my hometown of Atlantic City. I'm extremely grateful to God and very proud.

I want to also take this time to congratulate all the winners, especially Hilary McHone, Brooke Shaden and Lisa Sieczka, who I've connected with personally. Keep shooting and inspiring ladies!

Looking forward to hopefully meeting everyone at the "The Power Of Self" reception Friday, March 12th at 201 Mulberry St in Manhattan, NYC!

1 comment:

Da CogNegro (Who is It?) said...

Congrads to you, though I am not shocked