Sunday, February 14, 2010

Shanta's Portrait Session




The above pic is of my beautiful prima, Shanta Covington! First, I'd like to thank good 'ole twitter for bringing us together again in the past couple months and much closer than we've ever been in our lives - before our photo session, the last time we saw each other was at Mom-Mom's going home service. That was 3 yrs ago. By the way Shan, Mom-Mom would be so happy that we did this. She loved you so much. :) Anyway, I was SO excited to work with her, and as instructed, she came well rested and worry-free. She worked it out! Second, thank you Gia for coming to style and "beat face." lol God bless that circa scarf! You're one of my most stylist girlfriends. I knew you'd come with the goods. And lastly, thanks to Weldon in Atlantic City who saw me struggling with my camera equipment to the bus terminal, thanks for dragging my studio - I didn't miss my bus trip to NYC because of your help! Thank God.

Aside from these images, there's a creative concept I also shot that same day. I have yet to find a space to do the separate additional shooting necessary for it. Ugh! Once it's done, I'll post if everything turns out the way I've imagined it in my mind.


shantabw


Picture 8

Picture 4


IMG_2159

Picture 1

IMG_1830bw

Picture 5

1 comment:

Da CogNegro (Who is It?) said...

Stunning in every aspect from photos to subject..