Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Kaput goes the lens!

A couple days ago, a very unfortunate thing happened. I was in the midst of creating more self portraits, but decided I needed a quick snack - so off to the fridge I go. Right as I'm taking a mouth full of ma's leftover spaghetti (which was BANGING might I add), I hear a loud *THUNK upstairs. Hmm. Just assuming my sis had a nasty fall or something, I didn't think much of it. Well, she sure did and it was right on my bloody camera! When I returned upstairs to find my 30D turned upside-down on the carpet, I quickly grabbed it and began snapping away to see if any serious damage had been done. "Great." I thought. My baby was making blurry pictures on the auto-focus setting one after the other and there's was nothing I could do about it. Frustrated and broke -both literally and emotionally - I just sat there wondering where do I go from here...I'm still weighing out my options. This is certainly the last thing I need right now*sigh* ... as he always does, I trust God will make a way somehow.

Fast-forward to the following day, I'm cleaning up our kitchen and have this sudden urge to document it of course. Although one lens goes kaput, there is another one I have which is wider and actually works better for this particular project.

So here I be -



lol.

Now back to figuring out what to do about lens numero uno...

Alright, signing off. First day on the new part-time job tomorrow morn.

Lata gatas!

3 comments:

Miss D said...

Oh Nas! So happy to hear that you got inspiration! The truth is i think of more than just that sometimes!

Btw the new photo is fantastic! It is exactly what i had in mind to make for a friend's cd cover! And the photoshop is absolute! Keep up NappyNas! Mwuuah!!

Nastassia said...

Aww I luv ya Danai! You're the absolute BEST for visiting and being consistent with the comments.

Thank U, thank U! xoxo

wpbpl said...

this picture is several different kinds of awesome in way more ways than one :)

hope everything works out with your lens!!!