Thursday, June 19, 2008

HAPPY JUNETEENTH!
Rejoice with the ancestors Mom-Mom!


(Mom-Mom's Tiger Lilies in her backyard. Pop-pop said they've never been so vibrant!)

"They are away discussing your going home services as I sit here, at 516 Adriatic in the still quiet. I'm trying to envision coming here not being able to hug you, kiss you and tell you that I love you. Listening closely, I can still hear you calling "Nay Nay" from the other room. Anxiously running into the kitchen, I plop down in the chair and quietly watch you mix the batter of your famous pound cake. You give me a little taste from your finger and I'd smile saying "Mom-Mom, you make the best birthday cake ever!" Then you'd say "You know why Nay-Nay? It's 'cause I'm your grandma. And don't you ever forget it!" I'd laugh as the cake mixer drummed on."

It's been a whole year and I know your smiling down on all of us!

We miss you dearly. I love you always.

Eternal...

-NayNay










1 comment:

Miss D said...

Oufff...this post really made me get the chills and be unable to turn them away! I know exactly how these emotions feel like...